According to the decision of the President of the Republic of Turkey which issued in number 30775 official newspaper on May 15,2019 , via Post Office or Express Logistics transport;
• Customs exemption will be removed for the shipments below 22 eur.
• The books or similar printed publications for personal use which are not exceeding 150 Euros per shipment, continue to considered as exempted from tax . In addition, the tax rate will be reduced to zero for individual books or similar printed publications shipments which are between 150 - 1500 Euros and not exceeding 30 kg.
Due to the removal of customs exemption limit of ’22 Eur’ for B2C / Persons
For shipments to PERSONS;
• The shipments below 22 Euro will be subjected to tax.
• For the private individual shipments below 30 kg and between the value limits 0-1500 eur; ASE will continue to proceed simplified clearance process by paying tax for the shipments which are non-restricted, non-prohibited and compatible for personal use .
For shipments to COMPANIES;
• For the companies (legal entities); It is expected to be followed up the formal customs clearance process with a private customs broker agency by paying tax for the shipments that are excluding sample scope even the value is below 22 eur. Consequently, there will be duty & tax, customs service’s fees like brokerage ,terminal handling fees and bonded warehouse fees, etc.
• The shipments which are sending to the companies which have content in accordance with company’s business field, not for sale and declared as ‘ SAMPLE PURPOSES ' on the air waybill and invoice by sender, may be evaluated as exempted according to the result of inspection and physical control process of customs authorities.( It is important that ‘The reason of export is Sample‘ statement declared as separately from the content on the shipment’s documents.)
For all shipments; please advise customers to pay attention to the following are available on the shipments awb and invoice;
• The acceptable / detailed content (please check the list for acceptable content in below link )
• HS code (harmonized customs commodity code) with minimum 8 digit.(preferentially 12 digits!)
• Cnee tax number is containing 10 digit ( for companies ) and identification number is containing 11 digit (for individuals).
• If the content is sample (not for resale) to the companies in TR; ‘SAMPLE PURPOSES’ statement on the invoice and AWB.
*Validity date is 30th May 2019
For your information.